Interior design trends for 2024 continue to evolve and take shape. Some of the upcoming design trends have grown in popularity over previous years, and that includes all things sustainability, with trends moving toward nature-inspired design and energy savings.
At Blind Magic Window Coverings in Edmonton and Sherwood Park, Alberta, our team of experienced design professionals stays focused on current and future design trends so that your home can look and perform at its best. Let’s look at these some of these top trends to see what window treatments are in style for 2024 and how to make them work for you.
Interior Design with Sustainability in Mind
As more and more people realize how individual choice can make an impact, individual households are prioritizing home decor upgrades that keep sustainability in mind. Overall, we are seeing a rising demand for window treatment materials and designs that are kind to the environment and have a lower impact on the planet, In 2024, consider window treatments made from sustainable fabrics and materials, such as:
- Woven wood shades, which are hand-woven from an assortment of sustainably sourced reeds, bamboo, and grasses
- Duette® Cellular Shades, available in a selection of sustainable and recycled fabrics
- Designer Solar Shades made from a Hunter Douglas exclusive GreenScreen® Sea-Tex™ fabric, made from a yarn woven from recycled sea plastic.
Embrace Nature Through Color in Window Treatments Near Edmonton
Boring neutrals are falling out of style in favor of nature-based colors like icy grays, crisp blues, and greens. We see this trend in fabric window coverings like Roman and roller shades, with more people choosing colors and patterns in organic tones. If you prefer a neutral shade for your window treatments, consider adding accent color with paint or wallpaper.
You can also add drapes or curtains that have color, particularly if you’re selecting neutral shades. During the warmer months, your drapery can frame your windows. In the colder months, they provide an extra layer over your window for warmth and energy savings.
For curtains, interior design trends for 2024 involve two-toned colors, with one tone on top and a darker shade on the bottom for a luxe layered look.
Energy Savings are Always in Style
As energy prices continue to creep up, people are looking for ways to save money. Cutting back on energy costs in the home is an easy way to do that—and why not save in style when you upgrade to energy efficient window coverings? After all, up to 30% of your home’s energy loss happens at your windows.
It’s no secret that energy efficient window coverings are trending in 2024 with cellular shades and motorization options receiving a lot of interest online and in store. Some of the most popular energy efficient window coverings are:
- Duette® Cellular Shades: These unique shades are constructed with a unique honeycomb shaped cellular design. The cells trap air and press against the window to form insulating layer. We offer more than 150 color and fabric options, including recycled fabrics, for an ultra-efficient design and stylish look for any home.
- Duette® Architella® Cellular Shades: These upgraded cellular honeycomb shades offer a special honeycomb-within-a-honeycomb design for an added level of insulation for those spaces that require even more energy efficiency.
- Sonnette® Roller Shades: This unique combination of a cellular shade and roller shade combines energy efficiency with the simplicity of roller shades. They’re available in 40 color and fabric combinations and look great when paired with custom drapes.
Contact Us for Your Window Treatment Design Upgrade in 2024
When it comes to what window treatments are in style for 2024, interior design trends reflect a culture gearing up for sustainability across all its facets, with designs inspired by nature at the forefront. Whether you’re interested in environmentally friendly aspects of design or the look of natural tones, or if you’re looking to save on your energy bills in the coming new year, our expert team of design specialists at Blind Magic Window Coverings can help you find the fashion-forward, high-quality options you crave.
Visit us at our showrooms in Edmonton and Sherwood Park or contact us online today to schedule a shop-at-home consultation with a member of our team.
We proudly serve residential and commercial clients in Edmonton, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Alberta, and Northern Alberta, Canada.