Commercial Installer - Window Coverings
Blind Magic Commercial Division, Edmonton, AB.
Blind Magic is seeking an Installer for the Window Coverings department in the Edmonton location. Responsible for the installation and servicing of window coverings of various kinds in both commercial application and residential settings.
The position’s scope of work will be primarily commercial installations but can overflow into residential as required. While this position will take direction from the General Manager and will work with the Lead commercial installer on a daily basis. From time to time the incumbent will be expected (once fully trained) to work independently at project and customer locations.
- Measure window for blinds.
- Installation of all types of window coverings.
- Liaison with site supervisors/owners and salesperson.
- Attend client safety orientation for commercial jobs as required.
- Ensure correct PPE are available, maintained properly, and used correctly.
- Attend training on products as required.
- Pick up work orders/paperwork for the description of work being done.
- Pick up product from warehouse or manufacturer.
- Deliver product to the job site.
- Sort products at the job site according to measure sheets.
- Install the product at the job site and troubleshoot any issues.
- Ensure the site is clean before leaving.
- Report completion of job and/or deficiencies to be corrected to scheduling coordinator.
- Report any parts/product that needs to be ordered.
- Deliver measure sheet(s) to appropriate person.
- First Aid/Safety training, Fall Protection training and Aerial Platform training will be provided to employees and must be successfully completed.
- 1-3 years’ experience installing window coverings for contractors, Designers, Home owners. Blind Magic will provide hands on training to new hires.
- Well versed in the use of various hand tools.
- Valid Alberta class 5 driver’s license.
- Most time is spent at client construction sites requiring high attention to safe practices, procedures, & attitudes.
- Installers must drive to the installation location and have the ability to lift and carry loads to and from warehouse locations to client sites. You will occasionally be lifting in excess of 100lbs and frequent lifting/carrying in excess of 50lbs.
- Walk or stand for the majority of each workday.
- Must successfully complete a Health Assessment prior to commencement of employment.
- Regular hours are 40 per week. Overtime may be required.
Blind Magic is a complete supply and service window covering company specializing only in window coverings. As an Edmonton-based market leader in the industry, Blind Magic is committed to meeting the unique challenge of each customer’s needs by providing superior services and value for the products we market. We have been active members of Edmonton’s community for over 50 years. Blind Magic is a multi-year winner of Edmonton’s Consumer’s choice award for – Best Window Covering Company.
At Blind Magic, we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a positive, go-getter, and hands-on attitude individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customers’ expectations…you are the candidate we are looking for!
Blind Magic offers a positive work environment, supporting our employees through:
- Open communication and the sharing of ideas
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Dynamic, collaborative work processes
- Fair, consistent and inclusive employment practices
Apply Now - Commercial Installer
We will do our best to respond to all applicants, however, we will only be reviewing the resumes of qualified individuals.