For most people, the top reasons to consider blackout shades are privacy at night and night-level darkness, even during the day. But how do blackout shades provide privacy at night? The experts at Blind Magic in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, are on hand to help you answer those questions and more. We can help you narrow down your options and your style preferences so you can get the best blackout shades for your home.
Benefits of Blackout Shades
Blackout shades block light and make rooms more private. They’re ideal for a media room, a bedroom, especially if you sleep odd hours, or a living room at night.
You can pair blackout shades with a second shade for better light control. This Duolite® system allows both shades to operate independently, so you can enjoy the sunlight and have daytime darkness when you want it, in addition to night-time privacy. LightLock® is another system. It keeps the shades between two U-shaped panels in the windows so no light can slide through the sides.
There are lots of benefits that make blackout shades worth it, including:
- A better night’s sleep because they reduce outside sound and light, so neither headlights nor your neighbor’s new puppy will wake you.
- Energy savings because they use thicker fabric that traps air
- It is a better TV-watching experience because there’s no glare since the thicker blackout fabrics absorb light
- Increased privacy because the blackout fabrics prevent others from seeing inside your home
How Do Blackout Shades Provide Privacy at Night?
Different fabrics have different levels of openness. The opacity can range from sheer to room-darkening. The higher the opacity, the less ability to see through it. Sheer shades provide daytime privacy. You can see out; they provide enough coverage during the day that no one can see in. But at night, the light in your home and the darkness outside flips the effect. It’s more challenging to see out, but anyone passing by can see in. Blackout shades use thicker fabrics with a closed weave instead of an open one. This usage means they don’t let light in, and you can’t see through them.
Best Hunter Douglas Blackout Shades Near Edmonton, Alberta
For Hunter Douglas blackout shades, these are the best options, especially when paired with the Duolite system:
- Hunter Douglas Duette® Cellular Shades offer outstanding energy savings and sound absorption. They include fabrics with various opacities, and you can also add on LightLock®.
- Vignette® Modern Roman Shades are a modern update of the timeless style, including heavy room-darkening fabrics that absorb sound and improve energy efficiency.
- Silhouette® Sheer Shades use two layers of fabric, one that blocks UV rays and allows excellent view-through and another that filters the light. Room darkening fabrics are available.
Select Blackout Shades Today!
When you’re ready for blackout shades for your home, visit Blind Magic. We can help you select the best blackout shades for your home to get privacy at night and darkness whenever needed. We carry the full range of Hunter Douglas products near Edmonton, Alberta, including blackout shades. Our professional staff can answer all of your questions about the different options. We proudly serve Edmonton, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Alberta, and Northern Alberta. Contact us today!